Terms and Conditions for Bookings With Superstar Parties
TERMS AND CONDITIONS – Effective July 2013
Name: Superstar Parties t/a Show Me Entertainment
Contact: T: 1300 783 390 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
For the purpose of the following terms and conditions the term “event” refers to all bookings made with Superstar Parties including birthday parties, shows, event entertainment, corporate entertainment, roving entertainment and hired performers and face painters. The term “client” refers to the person or organisation hiring the services of Superstar Parties.
- Upon acceptance of the agreement the client must pay a non-refundable 20% deposit to the nominated account.
- If 20% of the total amount due is less than $50, a minimum deposit of $50 will be required to secure the booking.
- Event dates will not be confirmed until the deposit is paid in full.
- The outstanding balance must be paid in full at least one week (seven days) prior to the event. For events falling on a weekend the payment will be due on the Monday prior to the event. Payments can be made via PayPal, Credit Card (through the PayPal invoice only), by bank transfer or direct deposit.
- Payment must be received in our account by the close of business on the nominated date.
- Failure to pay in full by the nominated date may result in a forfeit of the deposit and cancellation of the booking.
- If a booking is made within one week of the event Superstar Parties will select a due date for the full payment prior to the event. Full payment will be required to secure the event.
- Superstar Parties will not request credit card details from any client. Credit Card payments are only accepted via PayPal invoicing and will not be taken over the phone.
CANCELLATIONS and RESCHEDULED EVENTS
- Cancellations must be made in writing or over the phone at least eight days prior to the event. If Superstar Parties is notified of the cancellation at least eight days prior to the event the non-refundable deposit will be held by Superstar Parties and any other payments will be refunded to the client.
- Due to our commitment to our clients and employees, we are unable to provide a full refund for cancellations made within one week of the event. Cancellations made within one week (seven days) of the event will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
- Cancellations made within 48 hours of the event will be charged a 100% cancellation fee. The client hereby acknowledges that they will lose their payment in full if they cancel within this 48 hour period.
- If the party or event is rescheduled due to illness etc. the client will be charged a 30% rescheduling fee in addition to the original amount. All previous payments made will be held by Superstar Parties and credited towards the rescheduled bookings.
- In the event that the client wishes to reschedule due to illness etc. the client must notify Superstar Parties by 7pm on the night before the event. Please note that our office is closed on weekends so the client is required to phone our mobile number on 0413 589 584 to request that the booking is rescheduled. If we are unable to answer your call please leave a voicemail message and send us an urgent text message so that we can get back to you.
- Events cannot be rescheduled due to rain or any other weather conditions. It is the client’s responsibility to plan a wet weather option such as moving the event indoors or choosing a venue with a large undercover area. Superstar Parties will work with the client to ensure the event is a success regardless of the weather.
- Should the client choose to cancel the event due to rain or wet weather, payments cannot be refunded.
CHANGES TO THE ENTERTAINMENT
- We reserve the right to change performers, costumes, hosts, show structure and song lists at our discretion.
- Should the client wish to make changes to the booking agreement they may incur additional charges to upgrade their package. Clients booking children’s parties are entitled to change their chosen character up to one month prior to the event.
- If a performer cannot attend their duties due to illness or injury we will endeavour to find a replacement of similar abilities.
- We have never left a booking unattended but if we are ever unable to attend a booking due to an emergency, we will provide the client with a full refund including the deposit and offer a free party to the value of the original booking. We will not be held liable for any subsequent loss caused by cancellation of the party.
PERFORMERS AND SONG REQUESTS
- Superstar Parties provides entertainment services and is not a talent agency for performers. Superstar Parties will not guarantee that a particular performer will attend a booking. Performers are allocated to bookings based on availability, internal logistics, and their suitability for the requested character, program and/or show.
- If the client chooses to request a particular performer Superstar Parties will make every effort to provide that performer on the day, but reserves the right to replace them with a suitable professional performer of similar abilities if necessary. Performers may be replaced in the event of unexpected emergencies, sick leave, family leave or carer’s leave. No compensation will be offered if a performer is replaced.
- If the client wishes to request a song for the performer to sing on the day they must advise Superstar Parties of the song choice within a week of making the booking.
- If no song requests are made for a party with singing, Superstar Parties will include a mix of age appropriate songs and songs to suit the theme and/or character.
- Parent/guardian supervision is required for all children’s parties and events and parents/guardians are responsible for the safety of their children at all times.
- If a child is attending a children’s party or event without their parent or caregiver the client assumes responsibility for that child.
- Superstar Parties will not be held responsible for the behaviour of any children at the event and will not be held liable or financially responsible for injury, property damage or loss caused by children or adult guests at the party.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR EVENT VENUE
- Superstar Parties and its employees accept no responsibility or liability for accidents or damages to the party venue. In the event of damage or loss to the venue the financial responsibility lies entirely with the client. In the case of liability and/or financial remuneration due to the aforementioned damages or accidents the responsibility lies with the client.
- It is the clients’ responsibility to ensure that the event venue is safe, clean and clear of occupational hazards. The children should have an area with room to run around, dance and play.
- It is the client’s responsibility to ensure the party space is clear of tripping hazards. We recommend the backyard, or a large room with the furniture moved out of the way. Superstar Parties accepts no liability or financial responsibility for damages, loss or injury caused by occupational hazards in the party venue. In the aforementioned circumstances the liability lies solely with the client or the clients hired venue.
- Unless otherwise specified we will use stickers, balloons, small toys or jewellery as prizes at the party. It is the client’s responsibility to alert us if they do not want this.
- If a client is booking a party with disco or strobe lights it is the clients responsibility to notify all parents of children coming to the party and to check that none of the children suffer from epilepsy or photosensitive conditions.
- If the client is booking a smoke machine it is the clients responsibility to provide a well-ventilated area and to check that none of the children suffer from severe asthma.
- If the client is booking a bubble or snow machine it is the clients responsibility to provide an outdoor area with a non-slip surface. Snow machines can only be set up on grass and are not suitable for paving or indoor areas.
- Final guest numbers for parties are to be confirmed in the week leading up to the party booking. Siblings who will be taking part in the entertainment and activities such as face painting , balloon twisting and glitter tattoos are to be included in the guest list. Parties with more than 25 children may require a second host.
- If the guest number grows above the original amount included in the entertainment package, Superstar Parties may recommend a second host and the entertainment program will be adjusted to better suit the larger group.
- If unexpected siblings turn up on the day of the party we cannot guarantee that there will be time for them to participate in activities such as face painting, or glitter tattoos. Most of the time the entertainer will have another event to travel to and they will need to finish on time.